SCANFWD.EXE Version 0.4 By David Hess NK3T Copyright 1994 This program is intended to display in a graphical format, the forward files of the FBB BBS system. Place the SCANFWD.EXE in the \FBB\SYSTEM\ subdirectory, which is where the BBS.SYS and FORWARD.SYS are normally located. The display shows all valid BBS files that exist in the forward file. The BBS names are parsed from the A lines in the forward files. Program output may be redirected to a DOS file, or the printer with the DOS redirection switch ">". Switch commands may be abbreviated, L for Long, etc. The output shows an asterisk (*) if there is a match, and an exclamation mark (!) if there is an exception. SCANFWD > PRN Output goes to printer SCANFWD > FWDLIST.TXT Output goes to file names FWDLIST.TXT NO COMMAND LINE ARGUEMENTS Default mode shows all B,G,H, and Z lines. Many folks have set up the FBB system with H,B, and Z lines in files for each state, in a subdirectory called STATE, and G lines in files in a subdirectory called BDIST. In the default mode of operation ( no command line arguements ) the file names will be displayed, instead of their contents. This makes for an easy to maintain system. Use of any switches other than LONG, will result in only those displays. Long This switch will suppress the display of the STATE and BDIST file names, and show the contents of the files. ? or Help This switch displays a help screen with abbreviated command explanations. Zip This screen shows all NTS style forwarding Z lines. Any NTSxx lines in the forward files will show under the BCALL listing. Call This switch displays any BBS calls in B lines or F lines. Group This switch displays G lines for bulletin routing. If the BDIST subdirectory is used, the display may be minimal. You may want to consider using the LONG switch in combination with the BULL switch. Hier This switch displays H lines used for hierarchial routing. The display will be minimal if the STATE subdirectory is used. Page This switch turns on screen paging, to make viewing easier. Do not use this switch with thd DOS redirection, or program will appear to hang, waiting for key hits. State This switch displays file names used in STATE directory. Use of the LONG switch with the STATE switch results in no display, as the LONG switch overrides display of STATE subdirectory names. Bdist This switch displays file names used in BDIST directory. Use of the LONG switch with the BDIST switch results in no display, as the LONG switch overrides display of BDIST subdirectory names. Multiple command line arguements are allowed. Below are some examples: SCANFWD LONG BULL SCANFWD STATE BDIST ZIP SCANFWD C L ************************* SOAPBOX *********************************** This software is copyrighted, and may be freely used and distributed by licensed radio amateurs. Any commercial use is forbidden. This software is released on an as is basis, with no guarantees of any type. I have a lot of fun programming, but always need feedback for ideas, and bug fixes. Let me know what is on your mind, even if it is running fine. Most folks are quiet when things are working right, and gives me the feeling nobody is running this stuff. Drop me a QSL card and tell me which program you are running. *********************************************************************** NK3T @ NK3T.MD.USA.NOAM Packet dhess@umes.umd.edu Internet David Hess 3735 Algonquin Trail Snow Hill, MD 21863 410 632-3967